At Gravity Worx we aim to provide a market leading experience in physical and mental stimulation. State schools to private colleges, from small groups of 10 to large groups of 100+, we provide the perfect outing.
Our range of walls vary from short vertical faces, long slab challenges to high overhanging walls, differing textures and surfaces and unique pocketed systems to simulate a wide range of outdoor rock climbing experiences.
Gravity Worx is built to Australian standard AS 2316.1 – 2009. Management are registered teacher with Victorian Institute of teaching. We have programs and lesson plans that meet current Australian Curriculum (AUSVELS) criteria.
Whether it is for:
- Outdoor Education Multi-Week Coursework
- Term Sport
- One-Off Course Component
- Exciting Class Activity…
Gravity Worx is the venue for you. Speak to a Gravity Worx team member on 03 9350 1789 to discuss how we can best meet your schools’ needs.
Our specialty is multi-week courses that take an absolute beginner through various techniques and right up to unassisted lead climbing. We have invested in the right safety equipment to ensure students can safely experience all aspects of the sport of rock climbing.
All staff have current working with children checks.
The benefits of climbing as an activity:
- Provides a Sense of Achievement at Multiple Capabilities
- Strength and Flexibility
- Problem Solving
- Learning About and Being Responsible for Safety
- Helps Develop the Cognitive Functions of the Brain
- Boys and Girls Can Compete at an Equal Level
- Climbing has Been Shown to Stimulate the Disengaged Youth, Particularly the Loner Who is Intimidated by Team Sports
- Promotes Incorporating a Sport in Nature in a Responsible, Environmentally Sustainable Manner
IMPORTANT – Children under 13 years can participate in climbing, but are unable to Belay (operate the safety equipment).
SCHOOL GROUP PRICING
One off school group visits for up to 30 students for 2 hours or less is $350
We can cater for larger groups up to 65 students for 2 hours or less is $550
Longer visits can also be catered to, get in touch.
Term basis weekly visits from $10 per student
* Please Contact Our Team to discuss your needs for multi-week courses. We aim to encourage youth participation in the sport and feel proper instruction over time gives the best student outcome for schools. Costs are by negotiation depending on your schools goals and budgets.
All Prices Listed Here Are Inclusive of GST.